The best way to manage your wine e-labels
Create wine e-labels in minutes with Labls' easy-to-use and cost effective solution to the EU labelling regulations for small and large wineries. We're powered by Marzipan, the all-in-one software platform for wineries.Get started with a free 14 day trial
Everything you need to create and manage e-labels
Modern, responsive labels
- A modern, simple and beautifully designed label that gives your consumers clear, easy-to-read information that is compliant with EU labelling requirements.
- All content, including any custom content you add, is translated into the 24 official EU languages. Custom translations can be reviewed and amended.
Customisable QR codes
- Change the colours used in your QR code to match your branding and download in multiple formats.
Smart URL redirects
- Redirect all or just non EU users to your product page, shop, or another website.
- Input the alcohol, suagar, acid conent and we calculate the energy value for you.
No hidden costs
- You only pay for the labels you need in the current year. Any required updates will be included.
- Once you have created an e-label you can update it as often as you need. No need to change the QR code or worry about printing new bottle labels.
- See where QR codes are being scanned whilst complying with privacy requirements.
- Add country-specific information including sustainability and recycling information.
- Created in the UK and hosted in the EU, we are privacy focussed and GDPR compliant.
- Our infrastructure is supplied by Hetzner and the electricity is 100% renewably generated from hydropower.
Pricing for wineries of all sizes
All our e-label plans reset annually so you only pay for the labels you need each vintage. Historic labels stay active until removed.
Frequently asked questions
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to us and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
- What are e-labels?
- E-labels are the sensible solution to the EU requirement to show nutritional information and ingredients on your wine labels. Read more about the regulation.
- How do e-labels work?
- When a consumer scans the QR code printed on the bottle label they are directed to the corresponding e-label which is displayed in their preferred language.
- When does the EU regulation come into force?
- The legislation will come into effect for wines bottled and labelled after 8th December 2023.
- Do products produced before 8th December 2023 need e-labels?
- No, any items bottle bottled before 8th December can be sold as is.
- What languages must the e-label be available in?
- The e-label must be available in all 24 official EU languages.
- Can I display marketing content on the e-label?
- No, marketing material cannot be used on the e-label.
- Who is responsible for enforcing the legislation?
- Each EU member state is responsible for enforcing compliance. Non-compliance can result in products being withdrawn from sale across the EU.
- How long does an e-label have to remain active?
- The e-label must be accessible for as long as the product is available for sale within the EU.
- Are consumers tracked when viewing an e-label?
- No consumer information is tracked or stored when they view a label. The country the label is being accessed from and the user language of the device used to access the label is used to display the appropriate translation.
- Do consumers have to pay to access e-labels?
- No. EU law prohibits charging consumers for access to mandatory product information for wine sold in the EU.
- If I create a QR code today can I change it a a later date?
- Yes. You can safely create them today and then update the information as and when you need to.
- Can I just print EU label information on the bottle label?
- Yes you can but you may have limited space on your bottle labels. Labls is long term solution that allows you to update information as required.