The best way to manage your wine e-labels
Create wine e-labels in minutes with Labls' easy-to-use and cost effective solution to the EU labelling regulations for small and large wineries. We're powered by Marzipan, the all-in-one software platform for wineries.Get started with a free 14 day trial
Everything you need to create and manage e-labels
Modern, responsive labels
- A modern, simple and beautifully designed label that gives your consumers clear, easy-to-read information that is compliant with EU labelling requirements.
- All content, including any custom content you add, is translated into the 24 official EU languages. Custom translations can be reviewed and amended.
Customisable QR codes
- Change the colours used in your QR code to match your branding and download in multiple formats.
Smart URL redirects
- Redirect all or just non EU users to your product page, shop, or another website.
- Input the alcohol, suagar, acid conent and we calculate the energy value for you.
No hidden costs
- You only pay for the labels you need in the current year. Any required updates will be included.
- Once you have created an e-label you can update it as often as you need. No need to change the QR code or worry about printing new bottle labels.
- See where QR codes are being scanned whilst complying with privacy requirements.
- Add country-specific information including sustainability and recycling information.
- Created in the UK and hosted in the EU, we are privacy focussed and GDPR compliant.
- Our infrastructure is supplied by Hetzner and the electricity is 100% renewably generated from hydropower.
Pricing for wineries of all sizes
Our e-label tool is included with Marzipan or you can subscribe to one our of Labls only plans to access our best in class wine e-labelling service.
Frequently asked questions
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to us and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
- What are e-labels?
- E-labels are the sensible solution to the EU requirement to show nutritional information and ingredients on your wine labels. Read more about the regulation.
- How do e-labels work?
- When a consumer scans the QR code printed on the bottle label they are directed to the corresponding e-label which is displayed in their preferred language.
- When does the EU regulation come into force?
- The legislation will come into effect for wines bottled and labelled after 8th December 2023.
- Do products produced before 8th December 2023 need e-labels?
- No, any items bottle bottled before 8th December can be sold as is.
- What languages must the e-label be available in?
- The e-label must be available in all 24 official EU languages.
- Can I display marketing content on the e-label?
- No, marketing material cannot be used on the e-label.
- Who is responsible for enforcing the legislation?
- Each EU member state is responsible for enforcing compliance. Non-compliance can result in products being withdrawn from sale across the EU.
- How long does an e-label have to remain active?
- The e-label must be accessible for as long as the product is available for sale within the EU.
- Are consumers tracked when viewing an e-label?
- No consumer information is tracked or stored when they view a label. The country the label is being accessed from and the user language of the device used to access the label is used to display the appropriate translation.
- Do consumers have to pay to access e-labels?
- No. EU law prohibits charging consumers for access to mandatory product information for wine sold in the EU.
- If I create a QR code today can I change it a a later date?
- Yes. You can safely create them today and then update the information as and when you need to.
- Can I just print EU label information on the bottle label?
- Yes you can but you may have limited space on your bottle labels. Labls is long term solution that allows you to update information as required.